If you have short videos like songs, comedy clips, or news videos in your local storage then this method of video uploading suits you the most.
We recommend uploading videos less than 2GB in size. If you have large size video files then we recommend using the other uploading options available on our platform. Click here to learn more about uploading videos on the Ventuno platform. (Need to create an article for this).
Follow the steps below to upload a video from your local storage.
1. Under the left menu select Manage content > Upload Video.
2. Click the Upload video button and select the video file you would like to upload.
You can upload files in mp4, Flv, Avi, MOV, MPEG, mpg, m4a, WAV, mp3 formats.
💡🚀 You can also upload videos in bulk
3. Once the video is uploaded, it will be validated whether it falls under the above-mentioned formats. After the uploading and validation are completed, you need to upload a Poster for the video in the 16:9 aspect ratio (maximum size of 2560x1440). This poster is displayed on the video page on your website and apps. After selecting the poster select the Proceed button.
4. If you have multiple domains, select the domain under which you want to publish your video. Select the content partner if you are getting it from your content provider or you can leave this section as it is.
5. While uploading a video, you need to map the video to a show from the dropdown list you have already created on the platform. If you want to create a new show, select the Add new show button and follow the steps mentioned here.
6. Add the Name and Description for the video.
7. If you want to publish the videos immediately, you can leave the Publish date and time. You can also publish the videos at a scheduled time. Click here to learn more about scheduling a video.
8. Check and confirm whether the Video status is set as Active.
9. You need to add tags to your video using the video name and keywords so that they will be visible on the search results on your website and apps.
10. You can also select the predefined tags such as video language, genre, etc that are available on the platform as well.
11. Advanced options:
Under advanced options you will find the following:
a) Content classification:
You need to choose whether the content you are uploading is universal content or adult content.
b) Video subscription:
You can add a subscription to your video from the available options mentioned below:
i) SVOD - Subscription video on demand
SVOD is a package, allowing users to consume as much content as they desire at a flat rate per week/month/year.
ii) TVOD - Transactional video on demand
TVOD is the opposite of subscription video, where consumers purchase content on a pay-per-view basis with a minimum validity.
iii) AVOD - Advertising-based video on demand
Unlike SVOD and TVOD services, AVOD is free to consumers. However, much like broadcast television, consumers need to sit/skip through advertisements.
Premium content owners rarely use AVOD as it generates lower amounts of revenue than SVOD and TVOD.
iv) Registered - While selecting the Registered options, all the registered users can watch the content.
v) SVOD + TVOD - It is a combination of Subscription video on demand and Transactional video-on-demand options. Either the user has to subscribe to access the content or he can rent the video to access it.
vi) AVOD - SD + SVOD - HD - Using this option, All the users can able to access the content with the following limitation.
The Registered/Unregistered users can access only the SD content(Low and medium bitrates) with the ads.
The subscribed user can access all the bitrates including HD/FHD and no ads will be displayed.
c) Video Watermark: You can add a watermark that you have already created. Click here to learn more about the Video watermarks.
d) Video thumb: Along with the poster, you can add a Thumbnail for your video.
You can upload your thumbnail in any one of the following ratios (Maximum dimension)
3x4(Movie poster)- 1200x1600
4x3(video clips)- 1600x1200
1x1(video clips)- 1080x1080
16:9(Carousel thumb) - 2560x1440
You can add your video to one or more playlists by selecting the checkbox. Click here to learn more about Playlist.
Using this option you can choose the country to which the video will be available. If you want your video to be available for all the users across the world, select All. If you want it to be available for a specific region, then you can select the country from the listed countries. Click here to learn more about geo-targeting.
14. Enter the metadata under Movie Details such as Rating, Director, Genre, etc, and finally, Select Save changes to complete the upload process.
15. The video will be encoded and once the encoding is completed, You can check your uploaded video under Video Library. Click here to learn more about encoding.
1. How to set monetization for a show?
2. How to upload a video through XML?