There are 3 ways for you to monetize your content - SVOD, TVOD, and AVOD.
You can also use a combination of them!!
📚 Suggested Read: SVOD, AVOD, or TVOD: Which is best for your video business?
In this article, let's discuss the monetization process for the Show. Shows can be monetized by two methods:
a) Adding monetization while creating a new show.
b) Adding monetization for the existing shows.
Adding subscription while creating a new show:
Under the Content section of the left menu select Organize > Manage Shows.
On the show creation page,
Scroll down to the bottom where you can find the Subscription option.
You can find the list of subscriptions under the dropdown menu:
a) SVOD- Users need to subscribe to access the content
b) TVOD- Users need to buy(rent) videos separately.
c) AVOD- Content can be viewed by anyone, and monetization is made by playing Ads.
d) SVOD+TVOD- A smart hybrid plan where the users can access the content through subscription as well as rent. Subscription users can normally access the content while others can just buy(rent) it.
e) Registered- Users need to register to access the content.
f) AVOD-SD + SVOD-HD- Subscribers can access the content in HD while the non-subscribers can enjoy the content in SD.
6. Select any one type from the above monetization.
7. Select Save to complete the video uploading process with monetization.
If you add monetization to a show while creating, all the videos under the show will fall under the monetization assigned to the created show.
If you edit the monetization later, the updated monetization plan will reflect only on videos that are added after the edit.
However, you can modify the monetization of individual videos (from the video library)
Each of these is explained later in the article.
Adding subscriptions for the existing shows:
1. Under the Content section of the left menu select Organize > Manage shows.
2. On the right of the screen you can find the filter with a list of shows.
3. Select the show you want to add the monetization and select Filter.
4. The selected show details will be displayed.
5. Select Edit Show.
6. Scroll down to the bottom where you can find the subscription option.
7. You can find the list of subscriptions mentioned above.
8. Select any one type from the above monetization.
9. Select Save to add monetization for the existing show.
Adding subscriptions for uploaded videos:
After completing the above steps you need to add the exact monetization type(SVOD/TVOD/AVOD) to the videos as well. Follow the steps to add a subscription at the video level.
1. Under the Content section of the left menu select Video Library.
2. Select Manage video next to the video you want to add the monetization.
3. Scroll down to the bottom where you can find the Video subscription option.
4. You can find the list of subscriptions from the drop-down list.
5. Select any one type from the dropdown list.
6. Select Save to add monetization for the existing video from the video library.
Updating the Monetisation at the Plan level:
After using any one of the above options for adding monetization, We need to add the same content to their respective plans(SVOD or TVOD) to make the monetization work seamlessly on various endpoints.
1. If you selected SVOD from above, Click here for steps to create an SVOD plan and add videos to it. For SVOD you can directly add the shows and all the videos under the show will come under the plan selected.
2. If you selected TVOD from above, Click here for steps to create a TVOD plan and add videos to it. For TVOD you can’t directly add the shows to the plan. You need to add all the videos under the show so that the plan will work on the endpoints.
3. For AVOD you can add display Ads or videos Ads based on preference.
4. You can add display ads as well as Video ads to a video.
5. Click here to know how to add video ads to a video.
6. For SVOD+TVOD you need to add the show on both the TVOD plan created.
7. For the registered users you need not add the show to any plans.
8. For AVOD-SD+ SVOD-HD you need to add the show to the SVOD plan under monetization.
1. Learn how to create coupons?