When you have many videos of larger size, this method of video uploading suits you. Using external hosting you can process the videos that are stored in cloud storage. You can use your own storage (eg: AWS S3) and integrate it with Ventuno. After the integration, we will be able to import existing as well as future videos in your Ventuno dashboard.
You can encode the videos using Ventuno encoding or if you have already encoded videos you can enter the file path and we can push them to the Ventuno platform. The video will be processed in the platform and pushed to the endpoints(Website and apps).
Follow the steps below to upload the videos using external hosting:
1. Under the Content section of the left menu select Upload > Upload video.
2. Select the Upload video button.
3. On the next screen you can find two options at the top left.
a) Ventuno hosting
b) External hosting.
4. Select External hosting. This means that your videos will be hosted somewhere else.
5. Enter the External file path(location of the file) and External image path(16:9 - 2560x1440, which is used as the thumbnail image for the video). This poster is displayed on the video page on your website and apps.
6. . If you have multiple domains, select the domain under which you want to publish your video. While uploading a video, you need to map the video to a show from the dropdown list you have already created on the platform. If you want to create a new show, select the Add new show button and follow the steps mentioned here.
7. Add the Name and Description for the video.
8. If you want to publish the videos immediately, you can leave the Publish date and time. You can also publish the videos at a scheduled time. Click here to learn more about scheduling a video.
9. Set the Video status as Active.
10. You need to add tags to your video using the video name and keywords so that they will be visible on the search results on your website and apps. You can also select the predefined tags such as video language, genre, etc that are available on the platform as well.
Using this option you can choose the country to which the video will be available. If you want your video to be available for all the users across the world, select All. If you want it to be available for a specific region, then you can select the country from the listed countries. Click here to learn more about geo-targeting.
12. Enter the meta-data for the video under Movie details.
13. Advanced options:
Under advanced options you will find the following:
a) Content classification:
You need to choose whether the content you are uploading is universal content or adult content.
b) Video subscription:
You can add a subscription to your video from the available options mentioned below:
i) SVOD - Subscription video on demand
SVOD is a package, allowing users to consume as much content as they desire at a flat rate per week/month/year.
ii) TVOD - Transactional video on demand
TVOD is the opposite of subscription video, where consumers purchase content on a pay-per-view basis with a minimum validity.
iii) AVOD - Advertising-based video on demand
Unlike SVOD and TVOD services, AVOD is free to consumers. However, much like broadcast television, consumers need to sit/skip through advertisements.
Premium content owners rarely use AVOD as it generates lower amounts of revenue than SVOD and TVOD.
iv) Registered - While selecting the Registered options, all the registered users can watch the content.
v) SVOD + TVOD - It is a combination of Subscription video on demand and Transactional video-on-demand options. Either the user has to subscribe to access the content or he can rent the video to access it.
vi) AVOD - SD + SVOD - HD - Using this option, All the users can able to access the content with the following limitation.
The Registered/Unregistered users can access only the SD content(Low and medium bitrates) with the ads.
The subscribed user can access all the bitrates including HD/FHD and no ads will be displayed.
c) Video Watermark: You can add a watermark that you have already created. Click here to learn more about the Video watermarks.
d) Video thumb: Along with the poster, you can add a Thumbnail for your video.
You can upload your thumbnail in any one of the following ratios (Maximum dimension)
3x4(Movie poster)- 1200x1600
4x3(video clips)- 1600x1200
1x1(video clips)- 1080x1080
16:9(Carousel thumb,Video detail page) - 2560x1440
You can add your video to one or more playlists by selecting the checkbox. Click here to learn more about Playlist.
15. Enter the metadata under Movie Details such as Rating, Director, Genre, etc, and finally, Select Save changes to complete the upload process.
1. Learn how to set monetization to the show?