Do you have a lot of users that you want to add to your website? You can easily add them to your website by uploading a CSV with their information.
Your users will simply have to validate their email addresses once you have invited them to your website.
To add individual users to the platform, follow the steps here.
To add bulk users you can use the CSV upload option.
CSV (Comma Separated Values) is a data storage file format that looks like a text file. The data is organized so that one entry is on each line, and each value is separated by a comma. The file format can be easily managed with Microsoft Excel or similar tools.
1. Here is how you can add all your users to your website in a go
Login to your Ventuno account.
Use the link here to access the user upload page.
2. You will see the Manage OTT Users section.
Download the sample CSV file. This file is a template for you to fill in the data.
3. The downloaded file opens in MS Excel, you can choose to open it in other spreadsheet applications.
Mandatory fields and optional fields on the CSV file:
The below fields are mandatory and optional fields based on your requirements:
Name: Fill in the name of the user
Email: Enter the email address of the user. This field accepts only unique values (i.e) no two users can have the same email address.
Phone No: Enter the contact number of the user. This field accepts only unique values.
Plan ID: Fill in the Plan ID that the user has subscribed for
Payment Vendor: This denotes the Payment Gateway Vendor chosen for the transaction eg. Paypal, Stripe, etc.
Existing Transaction ID: Fill in the Transaction ID, you can leave it empty for new users.
Note for Non-Mandatory(Optional) fields:
You can fill in the information of these fields if you have them handy. There will be no issues if you choose not to fill these fields.
If you don't have an SVOD or TVOD plan and your monetization is through AVOD/ only have registration alone, the subscription type and other fields such as Plan ID, Payment Vendor, and Transaction ID will be marked as optional and you can skip these.
How to identify the Plan ID
SVOD plan ID: From the left menu, Select Manage Monetization > SVOD > Manage SVOD plan > Select Target for the plan you want to add > you can see the plan ID of the plan created SVOD plan.
TVOD plan ID: From the left menu, Select Manage Monetization > TVOD > Manage TVOD plan > Select Target for the plan you want to add > you can see the plan ID of the plan created TVOD plan.
4. Save the file after filling in the details of your users.
5. Upload the file by clicking on the Choose your CSV to Add Users Option
6. Once the file is uploaded, you will find the details of the users listed. You can see their details here and if you don't want to add any users from the CSV, you can unselect them here.
7. Click on the Proceed button.
8. The Users will be added to the respective Plans and you can check them under Manage users.
9. You can also add a plan for this newly created user from the backend