Trailers help in promoting your upcoming movies and videos. You can add a trailer before the movie is released and let users know about the release date.
This will help you promote the movie and attract a larger audience.
There are two steps involved in adding a movie trailer:
1. Uploading the trailer
2. Linking the trailer to the movie.
Steps for uploading the trailer:
1. Uploading trailers is just like uploading a normal video.
2. You can create a show called trailers to group all the trailers.
3. Else, you can also create a playlist and map all the trailer videos to that playlist. You can then showcase that playlist on the Homepage of the Website and mobile apps within a horizontal row as shown below.
4. After uploading the trailer, you can link it to the movie when you upload the movie.
5. Follow the usual steps for uploading the video. The only difference is you will need to click Trailer video > Yes. This row is under the movie details section (at the very end of the upload screen)
6. After selecting yes, the video will be considered as a trailer and can be linked to a movie.
Steps for linking the trailer to a movie:
This can be done in two places:
While uploading the movie
After uploading the movie
While uploading the movie:
1. Follow the usual steps for uploading the video. Under the Movie Details section, there is a row called Is Movie. Select Yes against this row. This means that the video you are uploading is a movie.
2. Below that, select No against the row Trailer video. This means that the video is not a trailer. The video is now considered a movie and will not be grouped with other trailers.
3. Once you select yes, you will find a list of all trailers under Trailer List. Select the trailer for the movie you have uploaded and select Save changes to link the trailer to the movie.
4. Once the trailer is linked, it will be reflected in the website and apps based on the template you have chosen.
After uploading the movie:
You can even link the trailer to the movie after the movie is uploaded. Follow these steps to link the trailer to the movie that is already uploaded:
1. From the Content section of the left menu, select Organize > Video library.
2. Select Manage video next to the video you want to edit.
3. On the Manage video page, scroll down to the bottom where you can find the Trailer video option. If you have selected No already, you can find a drop-down box with the list of uploaded trailer movies.
4. Select the trailer you want to link from the drop-down list and select Save changes to complete the trailer linking process.
1. Learn more about how to add subtitles to a video?
2. Learn more about how to delete a video?