Basically, grouping and linking in Ventuno work as follows:
1. Creating shows and Mapping videos:
2. Creating channels and mapping Shows for Live videos
3. Creating Playlist and mapping videos from different shows in a single widget
4. Category(show) based listing for VOD content and Live streams
5. Grouping Show/Playlist/Videos under a widget.
Let's take a closer look at each one.
Creating shows and Mapping videos:
1. Shows are an integral part that is used to organize a similar set of videos. For example, you can create a show called “Comedy clips” and add all your comedy videos under this show.
2. Before uploading videos you need to create shows to organize them. Also, Show is a mandatory field while uploading videos.
Click here to learn more about creating a show.
3. After the show is created, you can map them while uploading a video from Local storage on the upload page.
4. If you are uploading through MRSS, you need to provide the show name as it is a must-have attribute.
Example: <media:show>Comedy clips</media:show>
5. You can change the show mapped to a video from the Video Library.
Creating channels and mapping Shows for Live videos:
If you have live videos on your website and apps, before uploading them to the platform you need to create a separate show and channel for the Live-videos.
Click here to learn more about creating a channel.
Example: If I want to add a new live video named Music show, then I need to create a channel in the same name and then while creating a show, I need to link it with the channel created for the Music show.
Creating Playlist and mapping videos from different shows in a single widget:
If you want to list out videos from different shows under a single Widget on your Website and apps then you can map them under a single playlist and showcase them.
Some examples of playlists are grouping all videos by a director, grouping the latest trending videos, grouping the top 5 videos for this month, etc.
Click here to learn more about creating a Playlist.
Category(show) based listing for VOD content and Live streams:
If you want to list out the movies or videos in a category under a single widget, it’s doable.
Example: If you have uploaded 10 movies under comedy, then they will be listed in the horizontal widget.
Also, if you have say 20 live stream videos and want to split them into different tabs, they will be automatically grouped under the category the show is mapped to.
Example: If I have 10 channels mapped under the Entertainment category, 5 under the news category, and 5 under the comedy category then they will be grouped on the live page like in the below screenshot.
Grouping Show/Playlist/Videos under a widget listing:
Ventuno allows you to group content into widgets based on the following conditions:
Listing videos/movies under a show
Listing videos/movies under a category
Listing shows under a category
Listing videos under a playlist.
Listing multiple playlists in a single widget
Listing different shows(Ex: Trending)
Listing videos from different shows(Ex: Recently added)
Please note that you can map any one of the above to a widget and cannot add more than one condition in a single listing.
Example: It is not possible to list movies and series within a single widget. You must add them under separate widgets as mentioned above.