Uploading high-quality thumb for the shows helps to showcase the quality of the content you have on your website and apps.
We are using thumbnails of various aspect ratios to differentiate the contents across all the endpoints. For example, we are using:
a) 16X9 for the carousel images and show thumbnails
b) 3X4 for Movie cards etc.
For every Show, you need to upload 16x9, 3x4, and 1x1 thumbnails and it will be adopted across all the apps(4x3 is optional).
Please follow the steps to upload the thumbnail and poster for the Show:
For existing Shows (Shows that are already created):
1. From the Content section of the left menu, select Organize → Manage Shows.
2. You can select the show you want to upload the thumb from the dropdown menu on the right side of the screen.
3. Select Edit show once the selected show details are displayed on your screen.
4. Scroll down to the bottom where you can see the Video thumb option.
5. You can see four options there. You can find the recommended dimensions for each of the ratios below.
i) 16X9- 2560x1440
ii) 4X3- 1600x1200
iii) 3X4- 1200x1600
iv) 1X1- 1080x1080
6. You can select and upload the thumbnails you would like to have for your content from your local storage.
7. We prefer you to upload at least 16x9 and 3x4 images for all the videos you are uploading so that it will be useful to display them across the apps.
8. After uploading the thumbnails, please select Save changes.
9. You can see a message your thumbnail upload is in progress and after 15-20 mins your uploaded thumbnail will be available on the website and apps.
10. You can also change/update your thumbnail using the same steps mentioned above.
While creating a Show:
You can also upload the thumbnails while creating a show on the Ventuno platform.
1. From the Content Section of the left menu, select Organize → Manage shows. Then, Select Create New Show displayed on the right side of the screen.
2. Fill out the fields by following the same steps in the create show article. You can find the Show poster down the page. Under this section, you can upload the thumbs in the recommended dimensions.
3. After uploading the thumb, select Save changes to complete the thumb uploading process.
4. You can see a message your thumbnail upload is in progress and after 15-20 mins your uploaded thumbnail will be available on the website and apps.