An electronic programming guide (EPG) displays the scheduling information for the current and upcoming broadcast programs on your website and apps.
Below are the steps for adding and updating the EPG on the Ventuno Platform.
Adding EPG through XML link:
1. Adding the EPG feed you already have (XML-TV EPG).
2. Under EPG section Select > Manage EPG(Live Stream) > Manage EPG (feed) > Create.
3. This will take you to a Manage channel EPG page.
4. Select the channel and enter the EPG URL.
5. Please note that you need to update the EPG XML to till date and also for the future dates in your AWS account before adding it to the platform.
6. Once the XML is uploaded, You need to select the location of the EPG XML you have uploaded and add the same to the platform.
7. Select Submit and the EPG for the selected channel will be updated within a few minutes.
Updating the EPG XML link:
Once the EPG programs you have uploaded are completed, you need to re-upload the EPG with the latest program details. After uploading the EPG XML to the same folder/different folder in the AWS, you need to update the XML file location in the platform as well.
1. Under EPG section Select > Manage EPG(Live Stream) > Manage EPG (feed) > Edit.
2. This will take you to a Manage channel EPG page.
3. If you have updated the XML in the same folder then you need to just press the Submit button so that the EPG will be updated. No changes will be required in this case.
4. If you have uploaded the XML to a different folder, then you need to enter the location of the EPG XML in the EPG URL and select the Submit button.
5. If you have multiple channels, you can follow the same steps above and add EPG through XML for all the channels.