Below are the steps to convert VOD to Live:
1. Manage Video - Upload videos in the platform and we will encode the videos in HLS m3u8 format. In case, if you are using your own encoding system, you need to provide us your m3u8 URL.
2. Manage AdMarkers - This gives you a provision to add ad markers in the stream.
Note: Add Ad Marker placeholder graphic(i.e.Video)
3. Manage Promotions - There is a provision to add ad promotions in the stream.
4. Manage EPG - We will provide a panel to schedule a program based on time. Ads and promos can also be inserted between programs. A detailed EPG list will be displayed which can be modified or deleted at any point in time.
5. Livestream URL Generation with SCTE Markers - Based on the EPG we will generate a Live stream URL that can be played back with the Ventuno player.
6. EPG (feed) - We will also provide EPG details in the feed URL.
EPG- Electronic Programme Guide is used to schedule videos under channel for your VOD content. To create an EPG,
Click ‘VOD to Live’ → ‘Add EPG’.
Enter the ‘EPG Name’. Select the ‘Channel’ for the EPG. (Create a ‘Channel’ and map ‘Shows’ under the channel before selecting the channel here).
Select your ‘Timezone’ and Click ‘Submit’ to complete the process.
4. Under ‘Manage EPG’ You have various options such as ‘Edit’, ‘Delete’, ‘Add/Manage program’.
After adding EPG details, Add program details for the Live.
Select ‘Channel’. Under ‘Program Type’ you have 3 options to choose from the dropdown list such as ‘Media’, ‘Advertisement’, ‘Promo’.
If you select ‘Media’, select the ‘Show’ mapped under the channel selected above, and also choose the ‘Video file’.
If you select ‘Advertisement’, Mark the Ad schedule with the Ad placeholder.
If you select ‘Promo’, select the ‘Show’ mapped under the channel selected above, and also choose the ‘Promo file’.
Enter the ‘Program/ Campaign/ Promo Name’.
Under ‘Program/ Campaign/ Promo Date’ you can add multiple dates if required. (Eg: Series played every day throughout the week at the same time).
Select ‘Program/ Campaign/ Promo Start Time’.
The ‘Program/ Campaign/ Promo End Time’ will be automatically assigned based on the duration of the content You uploaded above.
10. Click ‘Submit’ to the program.
ADDING AD MARKER:
Ad marker is used to ‘Create ad-breaks with your commercials in the live stream’. To create an Ad marker,
Click ‘Add Admarker’ → Enter ‘Marker Name’.
You have two options available while selecting ‘Hosting’ for the Ad.
If you select ‘Internal’, you have to select the Ad file from the system storage.
Select the video file and click ‘Upload’.
5. If you select ‘External’ you have to mention the duration of the ad in seconds.
6. Enter the ‘M3U8 URL’ of the Ad video.
7. Click ‘Submit’ to complete adding the Admarker.
8. Under ‘Manage Admarkers’ you can delete or preview the ad you have created.
ADDING CONTENT FALLBACK:
Content fallback is used to fill the gaps in the Livestream where you can’t able to play advertisement or the advertisement or the content failed to play. You can display a blank page or your Logo by using this option.
Enter ‘Fallback Name’.
You have two options available while selecting ‘Hosting’.
If you select ‘Internal’, you have to select the file from the system storage.
4. If you select ‘External’ you have to mention the duration of the ad in seconds and also enter the ‘M3U8 URL’.
5. Click ‘Submit’ to complete the process.
6. Under ‘Manage Admarkers’ you can delete or preview the fallback you have created.
GENERATING LIVE STREAM URL:
You can generate the ‘Live Stream URL’ by entering the details of the EPG created. Click ‘Generate URL’ to generate your Live Stream URL.
You can view your EPG feed under the ‘EPG Feed’.