CREATE A RELEASE ORDER
Before creating your ad campaign, you must create a Release Order or RO.
Release Order is like a Purchase Order shared by an advertising agency for running the advertisement. The RO will specify details like the size of an advertisement, date, ad position, edition, and rate.
You can add all this information to your Ventuno account.
Steps to create an RO:
1. From the left side, select Monetization > Video Ads > Manage Release Order.
2. Click Create New to create a new Release Order.
3. Enter the reference ID in RO ref. ID, choose the Date of RO, and enter the Description.
4. Enter the Start Date and End Date of the campaign.
5. Select how you are billing the advertiser in RO Type. You have three options - CPM, CPC, and CPV.
CPM stands for ‘Cost Per Mille/Cost per thousand impressions’. You can select this option if the advertiser is paying you per thousand views.
CPV stands for ‘Cost Per View’. You can select this option if the advertiser is paying you based on the number of views.
CPC stands for ‘Cost Per Click’. You can select this option if the advertiser is paying you based on the number of clicks by the users.
6. Enter the No. of Impressions and Rate if you are going to choose CPM & CPC. This is to make sure you don’t over-run the campaign. If, for example, the advertiser has asked you to run 1M ads, you don’t want to exceed that number. The rate that you enter here is used to track your revenue in the analytics section.
7. When running CPV campaigns, every advertiser calculates a view in a different manner. For longer ads, some might even calculate it as a view when a user views it for 25%. At the same time, some might say a view is when the video is finished.
8. For this reason, you can decide how a view is calculated - at 25%, 50%, 75%, or when the ad is viewed from start to finish.
9. If you want to target ads based on frequency, you can do it under ‘User Frequency’. An example of a frequency-based campaign is when you don’t want users to view the ad more than once a day. Choose the Time period and Number of views. For the above example, you can choose the Time period as 1 day and the Number of views as 1.
10. Select Save RO to create the RO.